Sunday 22 August 2010

Creativity, or a Lack Thereof

Some days I question the validity of this blog. For someone with something to say on pretty much every subject under the sun, I rarely post anything. I'm beginning to think that I have a blog because it is the 'done thing' in social media.

I know the reasons why I don't post much, this blog, like my life, suffers from a continual lack of direction. I also want this to be something out of the ordinary, which with over 3 billion websites in Google's indexes must be approaching impossible. Everything I want to say is already being said in more eloquent terms by other people. Lastly, despite my cavernous memory for spurious facts and ability to pare any process down to it's simplest form, the only creative bone in my body is the stirrup (the tiny ear one). The only truly original thing that happens to me is my day to day life, and that would be fine to write about if I trained swans for a living, but I don't.

So, there are a few ways forward.

1. Close the blog.
2. Keep vomiting brain stuff on here & hope a direction appears.
3. Pick a topic and stick with it, no matter how turgid, original or uninsightful the content ends up being.


To be continued.... or not.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.4

1 comment:

  1. I humbly suggest vomiting brain stuff. It's what I do.

    I once wrote a 1000-word blog post on not being bitten by a dog.

    Stick with it and you may eventually keep churning out posts just from a position of pure spite. This would be considered a WIN in my book.

    ReplyDelete